John David Person serves as Director of Operations for Nelson and Hammons, APLC, in Shreveport, Louisiana. He is responsible for a wide range of operational and administrative aspects of the firm’s business functions and provides counsel and support to firm management. John David is responsible for managing firm accounting, people management, information technology, professional development for attorneys and staff, office facilities management, firm governance, diversity and inclusion, and community relations.
Outside of work, John David enjoys spending time with family and friends, being outdoors, traveling, reading, and listening to podcasts on business and leadership principles. John David is married to his wife Alex, and they have two young children. John David is passionate about practicing servant leadership and giving back to his community. He is an active Paul Harris Fellow Rotarian and an active member of his local Rotary club. John David is also involved with the Chamber of Commerce of Shreveport Bossier, serving in several capacities. He also actively serves on various local non-profit committees and volunteers within the community. John David was recently named a 2022 recipient of the 40 Under 40 Class for the Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce and the 2022 list of Who’s Who in America.
John David earned an A.S. in film and telecommunications from Bossier Parish Community College, an A.S. in general studies from Northwestern State University, and a B.S. in accounting from Louisiana State University Shreveport. John David is also a graduate of Louisiana State University’s E.J. Ourso College of Business Executive Education Rising Stars Program and the Executive Development Program.
- Member – Northwest Louisiana Society of Human Resources Management Board of Directors
- Member – Society of Human Resource Management – SHRM International
- Member – Association of Legal Marketing SW Region – Member of SIG Council
- Member – Certified Legal Administrators New Orleans Chapter
- Member – Council for Better Louisiana (CABL)
- Member – Shreveport Petroleum Club
Volunteer and Community Involvement:
- American Enterprise Institute Leadership Network
- Shreveport Chamber of Commerce
- Bossier Chamber of Commerce
- Shreveport Rotary Club
- Shreveport Bossier Military Affairs Council (MAC)
- Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl Foundation
- North West Louisiana Food Bank
- Gingerbread House Children’s Advocacy Center
- Junior Achievement
Awards and Recognition
- Paul Harris Fellow – Rotary Club International
- 2022 40 Under 40 Recipient – Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce
- 2022 Marquis Who’s Who in America Recipient